We believe that bringing people together is one of the best paths toward transformation and opening your heart. No matter how old you are or where you are in your life, taking a day with friends at a spa can bring pure magic. Imagine gathering up your best girlfriends for a getaway to a legendary place of total rejuvenation and divine connection. Read on to see 3 great reasons why.
Cedar Enzyme Footbath – Where else can you enjoy a convivial Cedar Enzyme Foot Bath seated together while sipping Osmosis Signature Blend Tea? Our warm and fragrant treatment offers myriad health benefits, from improving circulation to relieving joint and muscle pain – it’s a perfect environment to melt away the stress. Afterwards your feet will feel like you are walking on air.
Stunning and Unique Venue – Embraced by the coastal hills of Sonoma County, Osmosis’ Japanese-inspired environment naturally brings clarity and connection. Our secluded five acres of creekside property is extensively landscaped with five distinct Zen garden areas. We consider communion with nature to be a key component of healing and our Zen Gardens are the perfect place to strengthen the ties that bind a valued friendship together. Just driving to the stunningly beautiful village of Freestone is great therapy all by itself!
Enhanced Experiences (only offered to groups) – The Osmosis experience is a total mind and body cleanse. We encourage our groups to enhance their experience with unique offerings such as our Healing with Chocolate Treatment, Custom Cheese and Wine Tasting, Acupressure Aromatherapy Educational Experience, Guided Meditation or Hammock Sound Therapy in our Field of Hammocks.
We know that the most important part of a trip with the girls is spending time together—choosing an environment that brings you closer will generate memories that can last a lifetime. So round up your best girlfriends, book your group experience and relish the girlfriend getaway of your dreams!
Shinrin-yoku is a term that means “taking in the forest atmosphere” or “forest bathing.” It was developed in Japan during the 1980s and has become a cornerstone of preventive health care and healing in Japanese medicine. A robust body of scientific literature now exists on the health benefits of spending time under the canopy of a living forest. Inspired by the Japanese practice and the emerging worldwide trend toward nature-based wellness practices, Osmosis is offering this one-day retreat in partnership with the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Guides and Programs. Through training a world-wide network of Certified Forest Therapy Guides, this association is leading the effort to bring shinrin-yoku inspired practices to the United States and the rest of the world.
M. Amos Clifford, the founder of the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Guides and Programs and one of the world’s leading advocates for Forest Therapy. Along with Nicole Daspit, a Certified Forest Therapy Guide, Amos will facilitate a series of invitations that progressively deepen connection with the more-than-human world of nature. His perspective is that the forest itself is the therapist; as a guide, he opens the doors of sensing, embodiment, and presence that allow the forest to come into a person’s consciousness and do its healing work. For more information about forest therapy see www.nftg.org.
What to expect:
Expect a very leisurely walk with a series of guided invitations, ending with “shinrin-yoku tea,” a simple ceremony of drinking tea made of plants foraged along the trail.
The program includes a mindful Forest Bathing walk, a cedar enzyme foot-bath, a revitalizing 75-minute massage or facial, organic lunch, shinrin-yoku tea and time for quiet reflection in the gardens.
Nature is Our Sanctuary
More and more data is revealing that spending time outdoors can actually make you healthier. Escaping to the woods, mountains or a walk along the beach helps both your body and your brain. At Osmosis, we recognize communion with nature is a key element to healing, rejuvenation and mental and physical wellness.
Our extensive grounds are designed to give our guests unique experiences in nature. From enjoying a massage in one of our creekside Pagodas, sound healing in our Field of Hammocks, or a relaxing stroll through our Japanese inspired meditation gardens, we have you covered!
We feel very blessed to be located in West Sonoma County with so many scenic wonders. Bodega Bay and the rugged Sonoma Coast are just minutes away along with charming redwood ringed Freestone and Occidental—there is so much outdoor allurement in West Sonoma County this time of year! The Sonoma Coast offers some of the most spectacular grandeur in all of California. Rolling hills with rich biodiversity meet the wild Pacific Ocean on Sonoma County’s 62-mile stunning coastline.
For your end of summer enjoyment, we have compiled a list of our Top 10 Outdoor Activities in West Sonoma County that can actually make us healthier. Read on to learn more.
HIKING – Pomo Canyon Trail – One of the best hikes in Sonoma County, the Pomo Canyon to Shell Beach hike offers a little bit of everything, from towering redwoods to pounding surf, from ferny dells to ridge-top vistas.
KAYAKING – WaterTreks – Where the river meets the waves in the heart of Sonoma Coast State Park and the Greater Farallones Sanctuary
STAND UP PADDLE BOARDING – Located in the heart of the Wine Country, just south of Healdsburg, Russian River Paddle Boards offers both tours and rentals on some of the most undisturbed and pristine bodies of water in the county.
ZIP LINING – Sonoma Canopy Tours – Marvel at panoramic forest views and deep ravines. Discover the world-famous California Coastal Redwoods in a way you never imagined.
BICYCLING – West County Regional Trail – The West County Regional & Joe Rodota Trails are built along land that was once the Petaluma and Santa Rosa Railway, a line that linked Petaluma and Santa Rosa with Sebastopol and Forestville. The trails total fourteen miles long. The trails are paved for walking, bicycle riding, and roller skating.
WATCH THE SUNSET – Bodega Bay – Enjoy spectacular sunsets along this shallow, rocky inlet of the Pacific Ocean on the coast of Northern California in the United States.
SURFING – Salmon Creek State Beach – North Salmon Creek Beach is right off Coast Highway 1 just north of Bodega Bay. Surfers are often out in the waves north of the river mouth.
FISHING – Russian River – Summer’s warm water provides small and large mouth bass, along with bluegill—the slow, lazy waters provide easy fishing from the banks. You can also fish from a boat. Drop in a line and let the day float by.
CAMPING – There are four camping areas in Sonoma Coast State Park. Bodega Dunes Campground is the campground with the most amenities. Wright’s Beach Campground is a little less fancy. Willow Creek Campground and Pomo Canyon Campground are what the state of California calls “Environmental Camps” or primitive camping areas.
FARMERS MARKETS – Occidental Farmers Market – Friday evenings from 5-8 p.m. June through October this quaint town comes alive! Great food vendors, live music and a unique mix of West County Locals. Sebastopol Farmers Market – Every Sunday all year round from 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Russian River Farmers Market – Stop by the Guerneville Farmers Market and have a family dinner with the wonderful selection of goodies for everyone, from fresh fruit and vegetables to baked goods. You can even get made to order food as well. This is a great way to spend a Thursday night!
“I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright.” –Henry David Thoreau
Have you ever wondered how you could possibly make time for self care when you have kids? Are you feeling guilty that you haven’t spent quality time with your family in a while? At Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary, we have a solution. There is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to prioritize self care as well as family time. Sound a bit like having your cake and eating it too? Well it is, and you deserve it! Read on to find our Top 5 Tips on How to Parent and Enjoy Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary.
- Meander towards the coast on a scenic drive. Connect with your family as you enjoy the variety of landscapes that Sonoma County has to offer: from oak-studded hills to scenic valleys, from redwood groves to windswept beaches. Osmosis is located in the historic town of Freestone at the beginning of the Bohemian Highway. Nestled between river and coast, redwoods and vineyards, Freestone is close to everything wonderful in West Sonoma County.
- Indulge Mom while discovering the world-famous California Coastal Redwoods in a way you never imagined. Mom begins her great escape by settling into the warmth of a Cedar Enzyme Bath. This warm and fragrant treatment offers myriad health benefits, from improving circulation to relieving joint and muscle pain. This is followed by the Osmosis Fusion Massage in a secluded Pagoda along the forested banks of Salmon Creek. Her journey of quietude concludes in the Japanese style meditation garden where she is invited to walk, lay, sit, or meditate while experiencing its ethereal feel that is unmistakably calming. At the same time, Dad and the kids head down Bohemian Highway to Sonoma Canopy Tours just 6 miles away. They have two unique courses that feature zip lines, bridges and rappels for most ages and abilities. As well as panoramic forest views and deep ravines.
- Nourish the Family Unit with Fresh Baked Bread, Artisan Cheese and Gardens. After a couple hours of high adventure, it is time to come together and grab some fresh bread at Wild Flower Bakery in Freestone, (please note their business hours of Fri., Sat., Sun., and Mon. from 8am-6:30pm). This quaint, storied bake shop has organic French breads, scones & other treats, plus specialty coffees is a great way to break up the day. Visitors are welcome to wander in their garden located just beside the bakery. It features herbs, vegetables and flowers and picnic tables. Don’t forget to pick up some hand crafted artisan cheeses along the way at Freestone Artisan Cheese just a short walk through town.
- Rejuvenate Dad while discovering windswept beaches. A cedar enzyme bath is a good place to start for Dad. This fermentation bathing ritual involves immersing your entire body in a mixture of soft and fragrant ground cedar and rice bran with living enzymes that stimulate metabolic activity inside and out. Next up for Dad is an Osmosis Men’s Signature Facial, specially formulated for men’s skin care needs, including a series of hot towels and a relaxing foot treatment. At the same time, Mom begins her bonding adventure with the kids at Doran Beach Regional Park. This family friendly beach has a wide, 2-mile stretch of beach on Bodega Bay and is ideal for walking, picnicking, playing in the sand, flying kites, surfing, and bird-watching.
- Conclude the Day’s adventure with Dinner & Shopping. After Mom, Dad and the kids have been wonderfully nurtured, it is time for the family to come together to enjoy some food and shopping. The Barlow brings together the very best wine makers, food producers and artisans, creating a space that offers a direct connection between the consumer and the makers of the local products they love. It’s a place to share food and enjoy art, wine and time together.
These Top 5 Tips, are only a suggestion to the myriad of good times and relaxation a family can have together while spending the day in West Sonoma County. Feel free to substitute any adventure with some of the links below. We also invite you to explore our website to further customize your your experience to fit your families needs.
Sonoma Canopy Tours
Wild Flower Bakery
Freestone Artisan Cheese
Armstrong Redwoods State Park
Burke’s Canoe Trips
Bodega Bay Kayak
Vertex Climbing Center
Sonoma Country Regional Parks
Join Cherie Goodwin Lippard for a beautiful morning retreat exploring the subtle field of qi all around
us and within us through gentle qigong movements to benefit all aspects of
ourselves, in the exquisite serenity of the meditation garden.
We will begin with a silent meditation, slowly moving into physical movements
that are foundational practices for whole body health and well being based on a
medical form of qigong. This will be led by Cherie Goodwin Lippard who has
been teaching locally for many years and works directly with a master teacher
in mainland China who was a healer and teacher at a medicine-less hospital.
These practices will be followed by a nourishing, local organic box lunch catered by Fork restaurant.
There is an option to continue add a Cedar Enzyme Foot bath, a 75-minute massage or facial, and sound therapy in the hammocks–a complete healing experience of the body, mind, and spirit!
Qi Gong and lunch: $40
All inclusive: $179
Purchase tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/qi-gong-retreat-tickets-18978288572