Have you ever wondered how you could possibly make time for self care when you have kids? Are you feeling guilty that you haven’t spent quality time with your family in a while? At Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary, we have a solution. There is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to prioritize self care as well as family time. Sound a bit like having your cake and eating it too? Well it is, and you deserve it! Read on to find our Top 5 Tips on How to Parent and Enjoy Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary.
- Meander towards the coast on a scenic drive. Connect with your family as you enjoy the variety of landscapes that Sonoma County has to offer: from oak-studded hills to scenic valleys, from redwood groves to windswept beaches. Osmosis is located in the historic town of Freestone at the beginning of the Bohemian Highway. Nestled between river and coast, redwoods and vineyards, Freestone is close to everything wonderful in West Sonoma County.
- Indulge Mom while discovering the world-famous California Coastal Redwoods in a way you never imagined. Mom begins her great escape by settling into the warmth of a Cedar Enzyme Bath. This warm and fragrant treatment offers myriad health benefits, from improving circulation to relieving joint and muscle pain. This is followed by the Osmosis Fusion Massage in a secluded Pagoda along the forested banks of Salmon Creek. Her journey of quietude concludes in the Japanese style meditation garden where she is invited to walk, lay, sit, or meditate while experiencing its ethereal feel that is unmistakably calming. At the same time, Dad and the kids head down Bohemian Highway to Sonoma Canopy Tours just 6 miles away. They have two unique courses that feature zip lines, bridges and rappels for most ages and abilities. As well as panoramic forest views and deep ravines.
- Nourish the Family Unit with Fresh Baked Bread, Artisan Cheese and Gardens. After a couple hours of high adventure, it is time to come together and grab some fresh bread at Wild Flower Bakery in Freestone, (please note their business hours of Fri., Sat., Sun., and Mon. from 8am-6:30pm). This quaint, storied bake shop has organic French breads, scones & other treats, plus specialty coffees is a great way to break up the day. Visitors are welcome to wander in their garden located just beside the bakery. It features herbs, vegetables and flowers and picnic tables. Don’t forget to pick up some hand crafted artisan cheeses along the way at Freestone Artisan Cheese just a short walk through town.
- Rejuvenate Dad while discovering windswept beaches. A cedar enzyme bath is a good place to start for Dad. This fermentation bathing ritual involves immersing your entire body in a mixture of soft and fragrant ground cedar and rice bran with living enzymes that stimulate metabolic activity inside and out. Next up for Dad is an Osmosis Men’s Signature Facial, specially formulated for men’s skin care needs, including a series of hot towels and a relaxing foot treatment. At the same time, Mom begins her bonding adventure with the kids at Doran Beach Regional Park. This family friendly beach has a wide, 2-mile stretch of beach on Bodega Bay and is ideal for walking, picnicking, playing in the sand, flying kites, surfing, and bird-watching.
- Conclude the Day’s adventure with Dinner & Shopping. After Mom, Dad and the kids have been wonderfully nurtured, it is time for the family to come together to enjoy some food and shopping. The Barlow brings together the very best wine makers, food producers and artisans, creating a space that offers a direct connection between the consumer and the makers of the local products they love. It’s a place to share food and enjoy art, wine and time together.
These Top 5 Tips, are only a suggestion to the myriad of good times and relaxation a family can have together while spending the day in West Sonoma County. Feel free to substitute any adventure with some of the links below. We also invite you to explore our website to further customize your your experience to fit your families needs.
Sonoma Canopy Tours
Wild Flower Bakery
Freestone Artisan Cheese
Armstrong Redwoods State Park
Burke’s Canoe Trips
Bodega Bay Kayak
Vertex Climbing Center
Sonoma Country Regional Parks
Join Cherie Goodwin Lippard for a beautiful morning retreat exploring the subtle field of qi all around
us and within us through gentle qigong movements to benefit all aspects of
ourselves, in the exquisite serenity of the meditation garden.
We will begin with a silent meditation, slowly moving into physical movements
that are foundational practices for whole body health and well being based on a
medical form of qigong. This will be led by Cherie Goodwin Lippard who has
been teaching locally for many years and works directly with a master teacher
in mainland China who was a healer and teacher at a medicine-less hospital.
These practices will be followed by a nourishing, local organic box lunch catered by Fork restaurant.
There is an option to continue add a Cedar Enzyme Foot bath, a 75-minute massage or facial, and sound therapy in the hammocks–a complete healing experience of the body, mind, and spirit!
Qi Gong and lunch: $40
All inclusive: $179
Purchase tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/qi-gong-retreat-tickets-18978288572
A 2.5 hour-long guided tour of the Osmosis meditation garden will be conducted by Osmosis founder Michael Stusser and tree pruning expert Michael Alliger. This Northern California garden makes extensive use of stone, water and deer resistant plants to express the tranquil feeling of a Japanese-style design. Visitors will be treated to an in-depth look at the underlying Zen themes built into the rock arrangements and pond layout, as well as information about the planting themes and plant materials. The garden nestled in the most beautiful part of West Sonoma County has been built over a period of many years and was designed by the preeminent landscape designer, Robert Ketchell, of Britain.
Tour includes Cedar Enzyme Footbaths, tea and snacks.
Admission: $20. Book a service for that day and get $20 off any service. Space is limited to 14, make your reservations in advance.
Additional Tour Dates:
Thursday October 15, 2015 • 10am
This special day combines the best elements of spa and meditation, participants will pause and sit down on this bountiful earth in the quiet and refuge of the Osmosis meditation garden. Cultivating presence and awareness of body heart and mind, we awaken to the felt sense of being fully alive. The program is a well crafted day of weaving meditation, spa experiences, connection and quite time in nature in the back of our 6-acres of secluded creekside gardens.
The program includes sitting and walking meditation, a dharma talk, a cedar enzyme foot-bath, a customized 75-minute massage, lunch, time for quiet reflection and conversation about how to practice in our daily lives. Led by Chris Fortin, ordained and transmitted Zen priest in the lineage of Shunryu Suzuki Roshiand, MFT psychotherapist and Spiritual Counselor, teacher in the Everyday Zen Foundation and leader of the Sebastopol Lotus Sangha.
Reservations Required — $179 all-inclusive
Lunch and meditation program only — $40
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT
PLEASE SELECT “ADD TO WAITLIST” BELOW AND RECEIVE A SPECIAL OFFER
Bohemian funk meets punk meets jazz meets Latin, African, Yelamu Indian, and Islander music. Lyrics in French, Spanish, English, and Hindi. Rupa will be performing with Misha Khalikulov on cello, Aaron Kierbel on drums and Matt Szemela on violin. Don’t miss the last of Osmosis’s 30-year Celebration Series!!
Includes dinner by Fork Roadhouse, wine by Woodenhead Winery, and Cedar Enzyme Footbaths!
“With a global-centric sound that runs the gamut from gypsy-esque stomps, a fervent iteration of ’40s-era, big-band swing, slithering raga, hipswiveling cumbia, saccharine sweet French pop, and a politically-fueled punk rock spirit, Marya and her band of merry men defy convention and easy genre classification” says Relix Magazine.