Are you feeling stressed? Recovering from trauma or loss? Does your nervous system feel upset by recent occurrences or frazzled by ongoing pressures? Or might you feel agitated by Holiday expectations?
If the answer to any of these questions is YES, this workshop will provide support for you. In this full-day retreat, you will learn self-care tools for managing acute or ongoing stress, releasing tension from the body, calming the nervous system, and nurturing a feeling of well-being. You will learn:
- Meditation Practices for Centering
- Techniques in Chinese Self-Massage for Clearing and Calming Tension
- Gentle Yoga Stretches to Quiet the Bodymind
- Application of Essential Oils to Relax the Nervous System
- Self-acupressure Points to Restore Balance
- Adaptogenic Herbs to help the Bodymind Recover from Stress
This day includes a Cedar Enzyme Foot Bath, a 75-min Swedish Massage or Facial, and an Organic Farm-to-Table Lunch.
Raizelah Bayen is a California Certified Massage Therapist, currently employed as the Director of Training and Massage Therapist Supervisor at Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary in Freestone, California. She has been practicing massage for over 25 years and teaching T’ui Na, Acupressure, Sports and Pregnancy Massage in massage certification programs for 15 years. Raizelah is an approved CEU Instructor by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), offering training in Freestone, California and on-site training at your massage school or spa. For more information, connect with Raizelah Bayen on LinkedIn.
Do you feel stressed?
While most people would answer “yes” to this question, very few realize the implications of stress on their health. In 1984, Dr. Kiecolt-Glazer performed a controlled study of the effect of stress hormone cortisol on the functioning of the immune system. Results of this study indicated a reduced functioning of the immune system.
According to Dr. Mary Meagher, “People exposed to chronic social conflict experience high levels of stress and consequent dysregulation of the immune system, thereby increasing vulnerability to infectious and autoimmune disease.”
Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary is presenting a workshop on building immunity, giving you tools to both relax your nervous system if your are feeling stressed and self-help techniques for building immunity.
Included in this day-long experience:
- Qigong and meditation practices to manage stress
- Presentation of essential oils, herbs and foods to strengthen the immune system
- Self-massage techniques, including lymphatic self-massage and self-acupressure, to increase immune functioning
- Cedar Enzyme Footbath and 75-minute Swedish-Esalen massage to relax and unwind
- Healthy farm-to-table lunch
Space is Limited! Reserve Early!
All Inclusive: Morning Session, Organic Lunch & Spa Treatment $239
Raizelah Bayen is the Director of Training and the Massage Therapist Supervisor at Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary. She has over 25 years in the field of massage, and over 15 years of experience an instructor in a massage certification program. Her specialties include Eastern Massage Modalities and Acupressure, Pregnancy Massage, and Body Mechanics for Bodyworkers. If you have questions regarding upcoming workshops, please contact Raizelah at email@example.com.