Join us in a 2.5 hour-long guided tour of the Osmosis Kyoto-style Meditation Garden conducted by Osmosis founder Michael Stusser and tree pruning expert Michael Alliger. Through a labyrinth of plants, stones, and water, the garden tells an ancient tale of liberation from the everyday concerns of the world. Visitors will be treated to an in-depth look at the underlying Zen themes built into the rock arrangements and pond layout, as well as information about the planting themes and plant materials. The garden has been built over a period of many years and was designed by the preeminent landscape designer, Robert Ketchell, of Britain.
Tour includes Cedar Enzyme Footbaths, tea and snacks.
Admission: $20. Book a service for that day and get $20 off any service. Space is limited to 14, make your reservations in advance.
Have you ever wondered how you could possibly make time for self care when you have kids? Are you feeling guilty that you haven’t spent quality time with your family in a while? At Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary, we have a solution. There is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to prioritize self care as well as family time. Sound a bit like having your cake and eating it too? Well it is, and you deserve it! Read on to find our Top 5 Tips on How to Parent and Enjoy Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary.
- Meander towards the coast on a scenic drive. Connect with your family as you enjoy the variety of landscapes that Sonoma County has to offer: from oak-studded hills to scenic valleys, from redwood groves to windswept beaches. Osmosis is located in the historic town of Freestone at the beginning of the Bohemian Highway. Nestled between river and coast, redwoods and vineyards, Freestone is close to everything wonderful in West Sonoma County.
- Indulge Mom while discovering the world-famous California Coastal Redwoods in a way you never imagined. Mom begins her great escape by settling into the warmth of a Cedar Enzyme Bath. This warm and fragrant treatment offers myriad health benefits, from improving circulation to relieving joint and muscle pain. This is followed by the Osmosis Fusion Massage in a secluded Pagoda along the forested banks of Salmon Creek. Her journey of quietude concludes in the Japanese style meditation garden where she is invited to walk, lay, sit, or meditate while experiencing its ethereal feel that is unmistakably calming. At the same time, Dad and the kids head down Bohemian Highway to Sonoma Canopy Tours just 6 miles away. They have two unique courses that feature zip lines, bridges and rappels for most ages and abilities. As well as panoramic forest views and deep ravines.
- Nourish the Family Unit with Fresh Baked Bread, Artisan Cheese and Gardens. After a couple hours of high adventure, it is time to come together and grab some fresh bread at Wild Flower Bakery in Freestone, (please note their business hours of Fri., Sat., Sun., and Mon. from 8am-6:30pm). This quaint, storied bake shop has organic French breads, scones & other treats, plus specialty coffees is a great way to break up the day. Visitors are welcome to wander in their garden located just beside the bakery. It features herbs, vegetables and flowers and picnic tables. Don’t forget to pick up some hand crafted artisan cheeses along the way at Freestone Artisan Cheese just a short walk through town.
- Rejuvenate Dad while discovering windswept beaches. A cedar enzyme bath is a good place to start for Dad. This fermentation bathing ritual involves immersing your entire body in a mixture of soft and fragrant ground cedar and rice bran with living enzymes that stimulate metabolic activity inside and out. Next up for Dad is an Osmosis Men’s Signature Facial, specially formulated for men’s skin care needs, including a series of hot towels and a relaxing foot treatment. At the same time, Mom begins her bonding adventure with the kids at Doran Beach Regional Park. This family friendly beach has a wide, 2-mile stretch of beach on Bodega Bay and is ideal for walking, picnicking, playing in the sand, flying kites, surfing, and bird-watching.
- Conclude the Day’s adventure with Dinner & Shopping. After Mom, Dad and the kids have been wonderfully nurtured, it is time for the family to come together to enjoy some food and shopping. The Barlow brings together the very best wine makers, food producers and artisans, creating a space that offers a direct connection between the consumer and the makers of the local products they love. It’s a place to share food and enjoy art, wine and time together.
These Top 5 Tips, are only a suggestion to the myriad of good times and relaxation a family can have together while spending the day in West Sonoma County. Feel free to substitute any adventure with some of the links below. We also invite you to explore our website to further customize your your experience to fit your families needs.
Sonoma Canopy Tours
Wild Flower Bakery
Freestone Artisan Cheese
Armstrong Redwoods State Park
Burke’s Canoe Trips
Bodega Bay Kayak
Vertex Climbing Center
Sonoma Country Regional Parks
Join us in honoring and celebrating
our Japanese roots at our June Local’s Night!
Wednesday June 17th, 6pm to 8:30pm
Osmosis has deep roots in Japan. It was while studying both Zen meditation and traditional Japanese gardening practices that Osmosis founder, Michael Stusser, discovered the Cedar Enzyme Bath. This traditional Japanese bathing ritual offered Michael relief from his painful experience of sciatica and he found it immensely rejuvenating. After returning to the U.S. he began prototyping a small Cedar Enzyme Bath on a friend’s ranch in Sebastopol, utilizing a small building he constructed using lumber recycled from a chicken coop and diligently seeking out local wood species. Michael’s vision was to bring not only this traditional Japanese healing modality to the U.S., but also to create a space that fostered meditation and mindfulness. 30 years later, that vision has manifested and Osmosis serves as a sanctuary for vitality, healing, and equanimity. Osmosis is beloved by its community and it has Japan to thank for many of its offerings, including the Cedar Enzyme Baths, the Kyoto-style Meditation Gardens, the tea ceremony, and much more. We look forward to celebrating this heritage with you at our next Local’s Night and for another 30 years.
Enjoy Sushi, Sake, and Tea.
Relax in a Cedar Enzyme Footbath while watching a stunningly elegant Japanese sword demonstration in the Zen garden.
RSVP Required (Reserve soon). $20 Admission!
Join us for a day of celebrating and honoring the peaceful harmony of Japanese culture and its influence on Osmosis.
Enjoy a guided journey including:
Koto Japanese Music in the mediation garden- Traditional Tea Ceremony – Japanese Art Bazaar – Ceramic pot and tea cup Exhibition – Healthy and Delicious Japanese Food — Cedar Enzyme footbath
Optional massage or facial experience
Guest services will contact you to schedule the activities of your day, including your experience and education of the Chado “Way of Tea,” your fresh, flavorful and healthy Japanese lunch, beautiful Koto music, Cedar Enzyme footbath, and your optional 75-minute massage or facial.
Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary is a special place, beloved by its community and it has Japan to thank for many of its offerings, including the Cedar Enzyme Baths, the Kyoto-style Meditation Gardens, the tea ceremony, and much more. Join us as we celebrate the Japanese culture of mindfulness, equanimity, and well-being.
Horticultural Garden Tour
Thursday June 11, 2015 * 9:30 – Noon
Come learn about the design, care, materials, and themes of the exquisite Kyoto-style Japanese gardens at Osmosis.
A 1.5 hour-long guided tour of the Osmosis meditation garden will be conducted by Osmosis founder Michael Stusser and tree pruning expert Michael Alliger. This garden makes extensive use of stone, water and deer resistant plants to express the tranquil feeling of a Japanese style design. Visitors will be treated to an in-depth look at the underlying Zen themes built into the rock arrangements and pond layout, as well as information about the planting themes and plant materials. The garden has been built over a period of many years and was designed by the preeminent landscape designer, Robert Ketchell, of Britain.
Tour includes Cedar Enzyme Footbaths, tea and snacks.
Admission: $20. Book a service for that day and get $20 off any service.
Space is limited to 14, make your reservations in advance.